December 21, 2014

WAR!

Yuck. WAR. We've seen it in the movies. Dying, starving, displaced humans. Home - a man's castle - destroyed, without feeling or care. Lives - devastated. Husbands, fathers lost.

Luda, a mother of two, and once a gifted teacher of languages, fled Eastern Ukraine when her entire home and property was destroyed. She met our volunteer and we found a sponsor for her two young children, ages 6 and 1.
Her husband was drafted. She has not heard from him in months. He does not know where she fled to. When she was told that he was spotted in her old home town, she went back to locate him. It turned out that it was only looters. What she is seeing on her return is horrific. Children and adults starving to death. A two year old that she found weighed only 5 kg. (11 pounds). She took him to the hospital and visited him daily until he regained strength.

She asks for our help. Can you part with some of your treasured dollars to alleviate the hunger pains in the stomachs of these innocent victims of war?

Luda is no longer at this home below - she is now in the war zone as you can see in the above post. She needs to get out and wishes to help others.

"And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday."   Isaiah 58:10

"Thou hast not given water to the weary to drink, and thou hast withholden bread from the hungry." Job 22:7

"Why do ye adorn yourselves with that which hath no life, and yet suffer the hungry, and the needy, and the naked, and the sick and the afflicted to pass by you, and notice them not?"

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in." Matthew 25:35

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink." Matthew 25:42



No comments: